BIBLE READING: JOHN 13:12-17; ACTS 9:1-6; MATTHEW 20:27-28; MATTHEW 23:11-12
“Therefore, since we received a Kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude,and offer to God pleasing service and acceptable worship with reverence and awe; for our God is [indeed] a Consuming Fire.” Hebrews 12:28-29(AMP).
The term service has diverse meanings depending on the context or usage which also affects the true meaning or attitude of a service provider. The word “Service” simply put means the act of helping or working for someone which is either gratuitous or otherwise. It also means the giving of your resources, skills, time and the state of total surrender to the given task as evidenced by Apostle Paul after his encounter with the Lord Jesus. (see Acts 9:1-6). The Service in this context refers to Kingdom Service which is the advancement of the Affairs relating to the Kingdom of God and His Domain here on Earth. Kingdom Service therefore is giving your all i.e., the totality of all you have, to the Work of God which is an expression of Love propelled by Revelation without compulsion. (see Heb. 6:12)
Jesus Christ is the Greatest Servant in the Kingdom of God. (see Phil. 2:5-8). He left His Throne above and made Himself of no reputation by taking the Form of a Servant in order to reconcile us back to the Father. (see 2Cor. 5:18). Jesus served to the extent that He washed His Own disciple’s feet. (see Jn. 13:1-17). The reason God saved you is so you can serve. He said to Moses, “Rise up early in the morning and stand before Pharaoh; lo, he cometh forth to the water; and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let My people go, that they may serve Me.” (Ex. 8:20 KJV) Service is the pathway to honor in the Kingdom of God and we have highlighted some of its benefits:
- It Guarantees God’s Divine Presence: When you are a committed Kingdom Servant, God’s Presence will never leave you but shall be with you always. (see Josh. 1:9; Isa. 43:2).
- It Guarantees God’s Provision: God is our Provider Who adds all things to us when we seek and advance His Kingdom Agenda on Earth. (Matt. 6:33; Exo. 23:25).
- It Guarantees the Peace of God: Peace is not the absence of turbulence but rest in the midst of the storm which God’s Servants enjoy from the Prince of Peace. (see Jn. 14:27; Ps. 85;8).
- It Guarantees Divine Promotion: God is the Lifter of men. (see Ps. 75:6-7; Gen. 41:1-57).
- It Guarantees God’s Protection: God’s faithful servants enjoy Divine Immunity and deliverance from evil projections. (see Dan. 3:27; Dan. 6:1-28).
- It Guarantees Eternal Security with God: The Ultimate Benefit is the assurance of spending Eternity with God. (see Jn. 14:1-4; Dan.12:3).
The benefits of service cannot be overemphasized because it is a fundamental condition for greatness. It is indeed a privilege for us to serve because if we fail to do so, stones will take our place. Don’t be idle in our Father’s House but rather join the Workforce of the Body of Christ and do the work while it is day because night shall come when no man can work. (see Jn. 9:4)
Heavenly Father, my life is available to You. I will serve You with all my life, wealth, skills, intellect, substance, time and everything in me. I will not withhold anything from You and shall give my all for the advancement of the Frontiers of Your Kingdom in Jesus’ Name. Amen.