Unless the LORD builds the house, they labour in vain who build it; unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. Psalm 127:1 (NKJV).
Only that which is from God and has His Blessing is truly valuable in life. Conversely, if God is not involved in our lives, activities, goals and families, then all is in vain and will end in frustration and disappointment. Thus, we should seek God’s Blessing and Guidance in all things from the very beginning of our lives (see Lk. 24:50).
The Blessing of God on the lives of His followers is essential. Concerning God’s Blessing, the Scripture teaches us several things. The word “blessing” (from the Greek “eulogia”) has a multifaceted meaning including the following:
• A Divine Gift causing our work to succeed (see Deut. 28:12).
• God’s Presence with us (see Gen. 26:3).
• God giving us strength, power and help (Eph.3:16; Col. 1:11).
• God working in and through us to produce good (Phil. 2: 13).
• God blessing humanity (see Gen. 1:28).
• God also sustaining His Work by His Blessing (see Ezek. 34:26).
• The life and history of God’s people are under the operation of blessing and cursing (see Deut. 11:26).
• God sending Jesus to bless you (see Acts 3:26).
• God giving His Blessing to children. (see Mk.10:13-16).
• God giving His Blessing to His followers during His Departure from Earth (see Lk. 24:50-51).
The Blessing is likewise deeply involved in the ministry of an apostle. (see Rom.15:29).The Blessing of God is conditional hence God’s people must make a choice i.e., either blessing by obedience or curse by disobedience (see Deut. 30:15-18; Jer.17: 5-7).
How do we receive the Lord’s blessing? There are three things required:
• We must always look to Jesus for His Blessing on our ministry, work, lives, and family (see Heb.12: 2).
• We must believe in Him, love Him and obey Him (see Matt.5: 3-11; 24: 45-46; Rev.1:3, 16:15, 22:7).
• We must remove everything from our lives that would hinder the Blessing (see Rom.13: 12; Eph.4: 22; Heb.12:1).
Besides, God’s “Blessing” may not be equated with personal material gain or the absence of suffering in our lives (see Heb.11: 37-39; Rev.2:8-10).
We are God’s Building and spiritual labourers together with Him (see 1 Cor.3:9). To successfully build our lives acceptably and according to God’s Pattern, one must co-operate with Him in building our lives daily. There must be total dependence on God in every area of one’s life by abiding in Christ in order to bear fruits (see Jhn.15:5). Without Christ, our lives are hopeless. This is very important because God is our Divine Keeper through this pilgrimage called life (see Gen. 28:15).
Always obey the Lord—Through the Holy Spirit you must seek to obey the Commands of Christ, possess His Righteousness, remain separated from the world and manifest His Love towards everyone (see Phil.2:12-13) .
• Oh God, help me to seek Your Kingdom and Your Righteousness. Let Your Kingdom come in the Mighty Power of the Holy Spirit to save sinners, to destroy the demonic, to heal the sick and to magnify the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.